The importance of regular exams with a Dentist
Regular dental visits are essential for maintaining healthy teeth and gums. Of course, in the meantime, it’s important that you do your part in taking care of your oral hygiene as well.
What happens at your dental exam?
- The Dentist will check for and help to prevent tooth decay. He or she will find cavities and fill them as needed
- Your Dentist will check for gum disease, and treat as necessary.
- The Dentist can also look for signs of oral cancers.
- The check-up can also include a careful examination of your tongue, throat, face, head, and neck.
- Dental X-Rays allow the dentist to see the entire tooth, crowns, roots, and a broad view of the entire mouth
- You will also have a cleaning from the hygienist, who can remove excess plaque, stains, and clean your teeth.
Patients should remember to:
- Brush your teeth twice daily
- Floss daily
- Use mouthwash to kill bacteria